Friday, March 6, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Well today was our final day on the site and working for Habitat for Humanity. I'm really sad to see this day come as it feels like we were only just setting to work and getting to know everyone working on our house. We took a floor and foundation of a house and helped give it walls and rooms and hopefully new volunteers will be able to finish it to create a great home for a family. I'm a little disappointed that we never got to meet the people who will one day be living in that house and calling it there home but I still wish them all the happiness and hope that what we did help in some small way.

It was bittersweet saying goodbye to everyone and we decided as a group to make large obnoxious cards for Miles and Spikes. Inside we all wrote them our little thanks and goodbye and I hope it helped them realize how much we appreciated their patience, kindness, and good humor at having a bunch of students who had no clue about construction come and try to help them. I'll miss everyone we worked with they have all showed me that a bunch of people regardless of age or life experiences we can all come together to help when it is needed. I have met people from Point Park who otherwise I may never have known or had such great connections with. I'm so impressed by everyone's heart and energy and that we could all become so close in such a short period of time.

Well tonight we are all going to put up our mark on Camp Victor in a mural in the cafeteria. Now every time someone goes to get food they will see our Point Park painting. Also we found out that a girl that works for Habitat went to Point Park!! Small world! Well I'm going to go see how the murals going and maybe we will take on final trip to Sonic tonight.

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment