Saturday, March 7, 2009

Final Goodbyes

Tiffany Here...

What to say? (Other than I do not want to leave)

Camp Victor is now empty and extremely quiet. This trip has been great; I met great people and learned so many lessons. I made some great friends that I will continue to keep in touch with. Being around so many great people with one common goal (to help people) has truly changed my life.

I forgot to mention someone yesterday in my blog and his name is Devin. He worked with us for a day and hung out with us at camp victor. He is a big sweetheart. He came all the way from Wisconsin by himself and this is not his first trip. He successfully made friends with every person here at camp victor. Pretty amazing, I know. I actually thought he was staff because he was so attentive to everyone but no he is just a volunteer with a huge heart.

I can't believe that when Spike said "Lets put this booger up," he actually meant we would be putting up an entire house. We as a group tore apart a house and then rebuilt it in four days. Incredible what you can do with 20 or so strangers, a few hammers, and two leaders. We all learned so much about each other and ourselves.

We will be leaving today, headed for New Orleans and will be arriving in Pittsburgh sometime tonight. This trip has gone way too fast; it feels as if we have only been here for a day. We accomplished so much in such a little amount of time imagine what we could do with a few more days.

This trip has been so much fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tiffany,

    Carol and I hope you'll stay in touch.

    David

    ReplyDelete