Friday, March 6, 2009

No More Sonic Before Bedtime

Good morning. Once again, I'm blogging at 6:30am. I had the strangest dreams last night, and I'm convinced it's because of the giant Sonic Blast I ate. Yes, we ventured to the Sonic on I-10. Most of us agreed that we've seen commercials back home but have never actually seen a Sonic. However, they're hard to miss here. We couldn't believe it when our waitress came out on roller skates. Well, as far as southern fast food goes, we've got Sonic down, but still Waffle House to go.

Food aside, the construction yesterday was a bit slower than the other days. We put up the front wall of the house and built and put up some more interior walls. Also, we assembled the walls for the shed in the backyard. Though the process slowed down a bit, it gave us a chance to talk more with the others on our site. We're working with two great couples, Carol and David from North Carolina, and Jean and Lee from Iowa, and a fun guy from Ontario named Mike. To get to know these people is a great experience. It amazes me to think that Carol and David took a week off from work to volunteer for Habitat, that Lee and Jean are doing this during their retirement, and that Mike came here all by himself to work (we've pretty much adopted him). I feel like we've really built friendships over the last week. For instance, during lunch yesterday, we sat with Carol and looked at pictures of her family. So, I suppose a day of less work wasn't so bad.

Well, I'm off to eat breakfast!

-Ashmur

No comments:

Post a Comment