Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Last Day...

It's Brittany, writing for the last time from Camp Victor.  This is really weird because it's 8 a.m. and we're not on the work site in the heat, but packing up to make our way back to Pittsburgh.

I've learned more from this trip than I thought possible, especially from all of the people that I've met throughout the week.  It's amazing how much can be accomplished when a group of people come together for one cause.  The other individuals that our group worked with this week have been thoroughly talked about in previous blogs and I am glad to have met every one of them.  Also, everyone has a different story and getting to know people that you may have never met otherwise is a great part of working with Habitat.

I think its also really great that our group of students who really didn't know each other beforehand has become close over the week.  Not to sound too cheesy, but all of us have shared memories that will last a lifetime.

This week has been amazing and I am thankful that I was able to be a part of the Habitat work.  I would not have spent my spring break any other way and I hope to do this again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brittany,

    Carol and I hope you'll stay in touch.

    David

    ReplyDelete